FastLinQ® CNA 8400 Series
The Cavium™ FastLinQ® 8400 Series 10GbE Converged Network Adapters are OEM-proven adapters that provide exceptional value in delivering industry-leading features and performance to enable the most efficient and agile software-defined data centers (SDDNs). Designed for the most demanding server and network virtualized environments, the 8400 Series Adapters provide full hardware offload support for iSCSI and FCoE protocols as well as NPAR, VXLAN/NVGRE/GENEVE, and SR-IOV to boost server CPU efficiency and maximize application performance.
OverviewThe Cavium™ FastLinQ® 8400 Series 10GbE Converged Network Adapters support simultaneous LAN (TCP/IP) and SAN [Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI] traffic at 10Gbps Ethernet (GbE) line rate speeds. The 8400 Series Adapter provides extremely low host CPU usage by enabling full hardware offloads.
- PCI Express Gen3 x8
- Delivers full line-rate 10Gbps performance across both ports
- Industry-leading storage (FCoE and iSCSI) transactional performance
- Enables provisioning of 10GbE ports for greater deployment flexibility through switch-independent NIC partitioning (NPAR)
- Boosts host CPU efficiency with hardware offloads for NVGRE, GENEVE, and VXLAN tunnels
- Improves reliability and interoperability—leverages Cavium's market-proven Ethernet architecture and software
- Simplified deployment, troubleshooting and lifecycle management using the QConvergeConsole® (QCC) GUI, QCC PowerKit, Cavium Control Suite™ CLI, vCenter GUI/ESXCLI Plug-ins, and OpenStack integration
- Network boot support:
- iSCSI remote boot
- FCoE boot from SAN
- Pre-execution environment (PXE) 2.0
- PCI-SIG® single root input/output virtualization (SR-IOV)
- Data center bridging (DCB)
- Low-profile PCIe form factor
All advertised features are enabled in the hardware. Actual feature availability depends on software driver releases. See release notes.