Cavium™Announces Financial Results for Q2 2014
SAN JOSE, Calif., July 30, 2014 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, and the digital home, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014.
Revenue in the second quarter of 2014 was $90.7 million, an 8.9% sequential increase from the $83.2 million reported in the first quarter of 2014 and a 22.2% year-over-year increase from the $74.2 million reported in the second quarter of 2013.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Results
Net loss attributable to the Company in the second quarter of 2014 was $11.0 million, or $(0.21) per diluted share, compared to net income attributable to the Company of $2.3 million, or $0.04 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2014. Gross margins were 62.6% in the second quarter of 2014 compared to 63.5% in the first quarter of 2014. Total cash and cash equivalents were $140.6 million at June 30, 2014.
Cavium believes that the presentation of non-GAAP financial measures provides important supplemental information to management and investors regarding financial and business trends relating to Cavium’s financial condition and results of operations. These measures should only be used to evaluate Cavium’s results of operations in conjunction with the corresponding GAAP measures. The reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP financial results is provided in the financial statements portion of this release.
In the second quarter of 2014, Non-GAAP net income was $19.9 million, or $0.35 per diluted share, Non-GAAP gross margin was 64.5% and Non-GAAP operating margin (non-GAAP income from operations as a percentage of revenue) was 22.3%.
Recent News Highlights
- July 21, 2014 - Cavium and Quortus Enabled Unique LTE RAN and EPC on Single Chip for Portable Applications
- June 23, 2014 - Altera and Cavium Delivered Pre-Verified Packet Classification Solution for Networking Appliances
- June 3, 2014 - Cavium Introduced ThunderX™: A 2.5 GHz, 48 Core Family of Workload Optimized Processors for Next Generation Data Center and Cloud Applications
- June 3, 2014 - Cavium Announced Collaboration with Oracle to Support the ThunderX™ Processor Family
- June 3, 2014 - Cavium Expanded Collaboration with Fedora Project to Accelerate ARMv8 Software Ecosystem
- June 3, 2014 - openSUSE Community Announced Partnership with Cavium to Support the ThunderX™ Workload Optimized Processor Family
- June 3, 2014 - Canonical Announced Expanded Ubuntu Support for the Cavium Workload Optimized ThunderX™ Processor Family
- June 3, 2014 - Cavium Delivered Next Generation Xen Virtualization with ThunderX™ Family of Workload Optimized Processors
- June 3, 2014 - American Megatrends Announced Partnership with Cavium to Support the ThunderX™ Processor Family
- June 3, 2014 - Gigabyte Technology Announced Expansion of Server Platforms based on Cavium's ThunderX™ Workload Optimized Processor Family
- June 3, 2014 - Cavium Contributed ARMv8 Based Platform Architecture to Open Compute Project, Based on ThunderX™ Family of Workload-Optimized Processors
- June 3, 2014 - MontaVista Announced MV Cloud Support for the Cavium ThunderX™ Workload Optimized Processor Family
- June 3, 2014 - Cavium Joined Xen Project Advisory Board
- June 2, 2014 - Cavium Introduced Project Thunder at Computex 2014
- June 2, 2014 - Cavium Demonstrated a Broad Range of New SoC Solutions for RAN Core and Cloud Infrastructure at Computex 2014
Cavium, Inc. will broadcast its second quarter of 2014 financial results conference call today, July 30, 2014, at 2 p.m. Pacific time (5 p.m. Eastern time). The conference call will be available via a live web cast on the investor relations section of the Cavium website at http://www.cavium.com. Please access the website at least a few minutes prior to the start of the call in order to download and install any necessary audio software. An archived web cast replay of the call will be available on the web site for a limited period of time.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium’s principal office is in San Jose, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager,
Cavium, 2315 N. First Street,
San Jose CA 95131,
Telephone: +1 408-943-7417