Interop, Las Vegas April 1, 2014 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, wired and wireless networking, is demonstrating a range of secure, scalable solutions for virtualized enterprise and cloud infrastructure based on Cavium’s OCTEON® and NITROX® processors and Intelligent Network and Security Adapters and Cavium’s ARMv8 64-bit product offering at Interop Las Vegas. The Interop Las Vegas conference takes place March 31-April 4 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
According to IDC, cloud spending, including cloud services and the technology to enable these services, will surge by 25% in 2014, reaching over $100B. This includes Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS) and virtualized Enterprise functionality. Cavium’s latest OCTEON processors were specifically designed for cloud, Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Verification (NFV) architectures. The processors have optimized instruction sets and accelerators that deliver scalable performance, within the strict power limits of large data centers.
Cavium’s OCTEON family of multi-core MIPS64® processors provide up to 120GHz of 64-bit processing and targets high-performance, high-throughput, service-rich applications for Cloud, Secure Data Center, Wireless Infrastructure, Enterprise and Storage equipment. The family includes a range of software compatible processors, with up to 48 cnMIPS64 III cores, over 500 application acceleration engines, including integrated high-performance search processing leveraged from Cavium’s NEURON Search™ processors, chip-to-chip interconnect and an innovative real-time PowerMin™ power manager, providing one of the highest compute and services performance of any standard ISA processor.
Cavium’s TurboDPI™ software will allow OEMs to quickly deploy enterprise and cloud-based services that require high performance deep packet inspection processing of the ever growing volume of data.
Cavium’s NITROX Security Processors provide solutions with up to 300K RSA ops/sec, 40Gbps of encryption bandwidth, features such as SRIOV, high PCIe bandwidth while delivering extremely high performance in wired and wireless network security applications and SSL based secure e-Business.
Cavium’s Intelligent Network and Security Adapters provide best-in-class offload solutions enabling quick time to market with top of the line features such as 10 - 40Gbps TOE, SDN, and up to 60Gbps of Crypto offload.
Cavium PACE partners, 6WIND and Qosmos will also be demonstrating their SDN, NFV and DPI solutions on Cavium OCTEON silicon, LiquidIO and NITROX adapters.
Cavium will feature the following product demonstrations in booth # 2127 during Interop expo hours:
- OCTEON® Multicore Processors for a range of energy efficient and high–performance platforms
- Live Line–Rate Deep Packet Inspection Platform using Cavium’s flagship OCTEON multi-core processors and Cavium‘s market–leading TurboDPI Application Software suite coupled to the Qosmos ixEngine®
- Disclosure of processing solutions for Enterprise and Service Provider Infrastructure with unique SDN and NFV capabilities
- 802.11ac wireless access point turnkey reference design with rich security features, based on latest–generation OCTEON III processor
- SMB Router and Prosumer NAS reference design kit display
- Turnkey, production-ready Network Attached Storage application software
- OCTEON III ODM partner solutions on display
- NITROX® Security Processors provide solutions with up to 300K RSA ops/sec, 40Gbps of encryption bandwidth, features such as SRIOV, high PCIe bandwidth
- Intelligent Network and Security Adapters
- LiquidIO® Adapters live demonstration of Cavium SDN NICs showing 10Gbps OVS/Tunnel (VXLAN etc.) traffic and VM migration use cases.
- Display and details of CNN35XX–NHB4 card capable of 1M RSA ops/sec and 60G encryption bandwidth
- Project Thunder – Data Center & Cloud Multi-core Processors based on 64–bit ARMv8 architecture.
- Reshaping the next generation cloud and data center deployments
- Provides a scalable family of 64-bit ARMv8 processors incorporated into a highly differentiated SoC architecture optimized for cloud and datacenter applications
- Project Thunder processors provides a significantly better price, performance and power value proposition over alternative solutions for target applications in cloud and datacenters.
To schedule a meeting at Interop, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please enter Interop 2014 Meeting Request in the subject line.
Interop® is the leading independent technology conference and expo series designed to inform and inspire the world’s IT community. Part of UBM Tech’s family of global brands, Interop® drives the adoption of technology, providing knowledge and insight to help IT and corporate decision-makers achieve business success. Through in-depth educational programs, workshops, real-world demonstrations and live technology implementations in its unique InteropNet program, Interop provides the forum for the most powerful innovations and solutions the industry has to offer. Interop Las Vegas is the flagship event held each spring, with Interop New York held each fall, with annual international events in Mumbai, London and Tokyo, all produced by UBM Tech and partners.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to over 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium’s processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium’s principal offices are in San Jose, California with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager,
Cavium, 2315 N. First Street,
San Jose CA 95131,
Telephone: +1 408-943-7417