COMPUTEX, TAIPEI, Taiwan and SAN JOSE, Calif., – May 29, 2017 –Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable secure and intelligent processing for enterprise, datacenter, cloud, wired and wireless networking, today announced adoption of its flagship FastLinQ family of 10/25/50/100Gbps Ethernet NICs at several Tier-1 OEMs and ODMs that deliver hyperscale cloud platforms to Tier-1 customers worldwide. This product family delivers a range of solutions from entry level LOM to high end converged NIC and is offered in a variety of form factors. The FastLinQ QL45000 adapters with Universal RDMA are the industry’s only NIC family that delivers the technology choice and investment protection with support for concurrent RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP. With several unique designs at more than a dozen top Tier-1 OEMs and ODMs, FastLinQ Ethernet technology from Cavium is purpose-built to deliver acceleration and offload for business-critical applications, artificial intelligence, Big Data, CDN, Machine Learning and hyperscale storage workloads in emerging cloud and telco datacenters.
“Cavium is seeing significantly increased adoption at major OEMs and ODMs which is a testament to the performance, features and competitiveness of our FastLinQ family of NICs,” said Christopher Moezzi, Vice President of Marketing, Ethernet Adapter Group, Cavium. “Cavium has the widest and most compelling Ethernet NIC solutions from 10Gbps to 100Gbps in a wide range of form factors. We provide customers with innovative, high performance solutions, delivering flexibility in choice of RDMA and cost savings for next-generation Cloud, Web2.0, Storage and Telco datacenters.”
Purpose built for accelerating and simplifying datacenter networking, Cavium FastLinQ Ethernet technology delivers:
- Broad Spectrum of Ethernet Connectivity Speeds – 10/25/40/50/100GbE to host the most demanding enterprise, telco and cloud applications and deliver scalability to drive business growth.
- Enterprise Class Reliability and Flexibility – With millions of Ethernet ports shipped, and a flexible architecture that delivers faster time to market and adaption to new and emerging technologies, FastLinQ Ethernet NICs are amongst the top choices for enterprise datacenters.
- Cloud-Ready – Industry's only network adapter that delivers the ultimate choice and investment protection with concurrent support for RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP. Acceleration for Network Virtualization by offloading protocol processing for VxLAN, NVGRE, GRE and GENEVE enables customers to build and scale virtualized networks without impacting network performance.
- Storage Acceleration - Full protocol concurrent offload for NVMe-oF™, iSER, iSCSI and FCoE delivers up to 5M IOPS while consuming the fewest server CPU cycles, leaving headroom for virtual applications and higher RoI on server investments with seamless upgrade paths of next gen storage connectivity.
- Telco and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Leading small packet performance, 100Gbps Ethernet connectivity, and integration with DPDK and OpenStack, enables Telcos and NFV application vendors to seamlessly deploy, manage and accelerate the most demanding NFV workloads.
Industry’s Most Comprehensive Network Adapter portfolio – Cavium offers the broadest set of Ethernet networking adapters – FastLinQ® Standard Ethernet Adapters, Converged Networking Adapters and LiquidIO® Intelligent NICs that cover the entire spectrum of customer Ethernet connectivity and offload requirements. Cavium Ethernet adapters are trusted by customers worldwide.
Visit the Cavium suite #2412 at the Grand Hyatt hotel during COMPUTEX 2017, Taipei, Taiwan from May 30th – June 3rd to learn more!
“NVMe Over Fabrics will radically change Storage and Networking paradigms in next generation datacenter and cloud architectures,” said Robert Chin, General Manager of ASUS Server Business Unit. “Close collaboration with Cavium on Ethernet RDMA Fabrics for scaling out NVMe enables us to expand our addressable market, with increased performance and offloads delivered by FastLinQ 25GbE NICs, particularly for hyperscale cloud customers.”
“GIGABYTE servers address the broad spectrum of needs of hyperscale datacenters across standard, Open Compute Platform (OCP) and rack scale form factors while delivering exceptional value, performance and scalability,” said Etay Lee, GM of GIGABYTE Technology’s Server Division. “The addition of Cavium FastLinQ 10GbE and 25GbE FastLinQ Ethernet NICs in OCP and Standard form factors will enable delivery on all of the tenets of open standards, while enabling key virtualization technologies like SR-IOV and full offloads for overlay networks using VxLAN, NVGRE and GENEVE.”
“Cavium FastLinQ Network Virtualization optimized 25GbE Ethernet adapters in OCP form factor enable open platforms, unleash innovation, and unlock performance for Telcos and Private, Hybrid and Public Clouds," said Joseph Li, Director of Inventec Data Center Business. "Offering a comprehensive set of server and network virtualization features, this 10/25GbE OCP adapter enables open platforms to achieve higher performance, flexibility and agility, while leveraging open standards.”
“One of our key goals in selecting Cavium FastLinQ 10/25GbE technology as a leading Ethernet adapter is to enable high performance networking for our customers, irrespective of the server form factor that they have chosen,” said Simon Hwang, VP of MiTAC Computing Technology. “Cavium FastLinQ Ethernet adapters available in standard, mezzanine, LOM and OCP form factors deliver offloads for overlay networking to ensure that organizations can realize predictable performance and offload server CPU across a variety of demanding virtual applications and workloads.”
“We are pleased to announce our collaboration with Cavium,” said Peter Tung, Chief Operation Officer of Enterprise Business Group, Wistron. “With years of experience in server development and networking infrastructure, workload acceleration technology built into FastLinQ 25/100GbE technology enables our customers to maximize datacenter performance.”
# # # #
Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), offers a broad portfolio of infrastructure solutions for compute, security, storage, switching, connectivity and baseband processing. Cavium’s highly integrated multi-core SoC products deliver software compatible solutions across low to high performance points enabling secure and intelligent functionality in Enterprise, Datacenter and Service Provider Equipment. Cavium processors and solutions are supported by an extensive ecosystem of operating systems, tools, application stacks, hardware reference designs and other products. Cavium is headquartered in San Jose, CA with design centers in California, Massachusetts, India, Israel, China and Taiwan. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Telephone: +1 408-943-7417