Cavium to Showcase Wireless Infrastructure Innovations at Mobile World Congress 2015
Solution demos Covering Cloud Data Centers, NFV, Cloud-RAN, vEPC, Wireless Core, Macro Cells and Small cells
Mobile World Congress - Barcelona, Spain March 2, 2015 – Cavium, Inc., (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, wired and wireless networking, will showcase innovative solutions spanning wireless infrastructure from the edge to the core, during Mobile World Congress 2015. Live demonstrations will include Cavium's industry leading ThunderX™, OCTEON®, OCTEON Fusion® processors and LiquidIO® adapters.
Cavium continues to extend its leadership position in wireless infrastructure products with key technology and product announcements at MWC 2015, in areas ranging from CRAN to MacroCells to encryption for transport as well as fronthaul.
Show Highlights and Demonstrations
Cavium executives will be available to discuss the broad range of solutions, including the company’s most recent announcements. Product demonstrations will be shown in Cavium’s booth located in Hall 2, Stand 2F60.
- Cloud-RAN – Full CRAN Demo on ThunderX ARMv8-A based optimized COTS server working in conjunction with Smart Radio Heads. This demo will also be on display in the ARM® booth (at Hall 6 Stand 6C10).
- vEPC - Cavium will demonstrate vEPC (virtualized LTE core network) running on the ThunderX ARMv8-A processor.
- 100Gbps IPsec using OpenDataPlane™ - Cavium will demonstrate its OCTEON III reaching new performance milestones – processing over 100Gbps of IPsec traffic on a single chip while using OpenDataPlane (ODP) APIs, meeting the demand for massive increases in secure wireless transport throughput for 4G and upcoming 5G infrastructure. The OCTEON product family provides a consistent architecture that scales from one core to 48 and supports an extensive, broad software ecosystem, and is a widely deployed processor family for communications products.
- NFV Service Chaining - Cavium’s LiquidIO and Qosmos® ixEngine® joint demo will show intelligent service chaining of VNFs (virtual network functions), where network traffic is directed through service chains utilizing application intelligence in addition to user information. The Qosmos ixEngine performs Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) based application classification, provides application intelligence to vSwitch (OpenVSwitch). LiquidIO offloads application-aware vSwitching from the server CPU, and preserves server CPU cycles for running VNFs.
- MontaVista® Linux & MV Cloud – MontaVista Software will also be demonstrating Carrier Grade Linux CGE7, MV Cloud and Docker® running on Cavium ThunderX and OCTEON III processors in Hall 7 Stand 7N77.
To schedule a meeting at Mobile World Congress, please send an email to email@example.com and enter MWC 2015 Meeting Request in the subject line.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in enterprise, data center, cloud and wired and wireless service provider applications. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 100 Mbps to 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium’s processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium’s principal office is in San Jose, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Telephone: +1 408-943-7417
Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions and current expectations. Our actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include but are not limited to development of new products and technologies; quality and performance of our products; technological advances; pricing pressures; general economic conditions; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Cavium's business are set forth in the "Risk Factors" section of our Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 25, 2015. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof and qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement, and we assume no obligation to revise or update these forward-looking statements.
ThunderX™, OCTEON®, NITROX®, LiquidIO® are registered trademarks of Cavium, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. © Cavium, Inc. 2014.