Mobile World Congress – Barcelona, Spain February 24, 2014 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, wired and wireless networking, today announced that the company will showcase scalable solutions for RAN, Core and Cloud Infrastructure based on OCTEON®, and OCTEON Fusion® SoCs during Mobile World Congress taking place at the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, Spain from February 24th - 27th.
The OCTEON family of multi-core MIPS64® processors provides up to 120GHz of 64-bit processing and targets high-performance, high-throughput, service-rich applications for Cloud, Secure Data Center, Wireless Infrastructure, Enterprise and Storage equipment. The family includes a range of software compatible processors, with up to 48 cnMIPS64 III cores, over 500 application acceleration engines, including integrated high-performance search processing leveraged from Cavium’s NEURON Search processors, chip-to-chip interconnect and an innovative realtime PowerMin™ power manager, providing the highest compute and services performance of any standard ISA processor.
OCTEON Fusion processors deliver industry-leading 128 active user connectivity and 150 Mbps down link/75 Mbps uplink throughput for LTE enterprise-class and indoor and outdoor small cell base stations. OCTEON Fusion is based on an advanced multi-core SoC architecture that includes integrated purpose-built baseband DSP cores, high performance MIPS64 cores, extensive hardware accelerators and Digital Front End (DFE) processing, all in a single chip. Cavium’s fully-integrated, carrier-deployed LTE stack software includes TR-069-based O&M functionality, IEEE1588 v2 timing synchronization and advanced SON support. These solutions include complete turn-key reference designs and comprehensive software packages.
Cavium’s TurboDPI™ software will allow TEMs to quickly deploy network element designs for 4G LTE and carrier cloud-based services that require high performance deep pack inspection processing of the ever growing volume of mobile data.
Cavium will feature the following product demonstrations during Mobile World Congress in Cavium’s booth 2K60 located in Hall 2.
- OCTEON multi-core processors for high–performance, low cost common platform 3G/LTE base stations and core network equipment
- Live Line–Rate Deep Packet Inspection Platform using OCTEON II 32–core processors, (winner of The Linley Group "Best Embedded Processor" Award) and Cavium's market–leading TurboDPI Application Software suite
- Latest–generation OCTEON III Processor demonstration and disclosure of processing solutions for Macro BTS, Cloud RAN and EPC with unique SDN and NFV capabilities
- All OCTEON processors incorporate onboard security acceleration engines with the latest algorithm support to ensure the most secure and robust voice and data transmissions.
- OCTEON Fusion LTE small cell baseband processors for low power, high performance FDD and TDD basestations
- Live, over–the–air demo of new industry leading small size and PoE+ power for 64 user LTE small cell basestation based on Cavium's cost optimized hardware design kit and deployment–proven LTE stack and management software
- Cavium's PACE partners will be showing extensive software and hardware solutions based on Cavium processor technology. Featured products on display include solutions from Kontron and Radisys.
To schedule a meeting at Mobile World Congress, send an email to email@example.com and please enter MWC 2014 Meeting Request in the subject line.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to over 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium’s processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium’s principal offices are in San Jose, California with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager,
Cavium, 2315 N. First Street,
San Jose CA 95131,
Telephone: +1 408-943-7417