REPORTING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Last modified: November 2013
Cavium, Inc. ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy and any other documents referred to in it) describes the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide on this website, www.cavium.com (our "Website") and how that information may be used or disclosed by us.
This policy does not apply to information we collect through any other means, or to information collected on any other Company, affiliate, or third-party site, or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under
age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 408-943-4530.
Information We Collect About YouWe collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information you provide to us.
- Information we collect as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP addresses, cookies, and web beacons.
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. Thisincludes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website, or when you ask for additional information about our products or services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website, or through the website of one of our affiliates.
Usage Details, IP Addresses [and Cookies/, Cookies and Other Technologies]
- Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Website, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie this information to your previously submitted personally identifiable information.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, if such services are provided and when you choose to do so.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please do not use this website.
We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users. We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. Even though we only disclose aggregate information that is not
personally-identifiable to advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may assume that you meet the target criteria they selected.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the
following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- To a buyer in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or any other form of sale of some or all of Cavium's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Cavium about its customers is among the assets transferred.
- Our affiliates or others that assist in the online sales of our products.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Cavium, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [E-MAIL ADDRESS] or write us at: [MAILING ADDRESS].
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you
share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
contact us at:
2315 N.First Street,
San Jose, CA 95131