Cavium™ to Demonstrate Advanced SDN, NFV and Security Solutions for Next Generation Enterprise, Cloud and Telco Data Centers at INTEROP 2015
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 27, 2015 - Cavium, Inc., (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of products that enable secure and intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, wired and wireless networking, will demonstrate advanced SDN, NFV and security solutions for next generation Enterprise, Cloud and Telco Data Centers at the INTEROP conference in Las Vegas. Cavium’s product demonstrations at booth # 2027 will include Cavium's industry leading XPliant Ethernet switches, ThunderX™ and OCTEON® processors, LiquidIO® adapters and the new LiquidSecurity™ Hardware Security Modules. The INTEROP conference is being held at the Mandalay Bay convention center from April 28th through April 30th.
The software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) markets are expected to exceed $11 billion by 2018 growing at a CAGR of over 50%, according to a recent study from Infonetics Research. These emerging virtualization & control path management technologies deliver a variety of benefits for cloud data center as well as service providers to position them to meet the growth in connectivity service and to enable more agile adaption to future changes and efficiently manage their network. Cavium’s products are very well suited to address these evolving technologies.
Show Highlights and Demonstrations
A broad range of Cavium’s SDN, NFV and security-based product demonstrations will be shown in Cavium’s booth # 2027:
- XPliant Ethernet Switches: Targeting the datacenter, enterprise and service provider markets with the ultimate combination of flexibility and throughput; XPliant is designed for top of rack and leaf / spine architectures as well as embedded applications in transport, wireless infrastructure, compute and networking appliances. These highly configurable Ethernet switches with bandwidths up to 3.2 Terabits per second in monolithic silicon support 1G, 10G, 25G, 40G, 50G and 100G interfaces. Sampling since Q1 2015, one switch HW can be used in multiple places in the network via software configurations.
- Demonstrating 32 ports of 100GE traffic through the newly released customer development switching platform.
- ThunderX_NT Processors: 48-core ARMv8-A based family of COTS processors with integrated security, networking, and virtual flow accelerators. These are highly optimized for virtualized workloads including NFV applications that require high networking bandwidth, low latency packet processing and high performance security for next generation cloud, enterprise and data centers.
- Demonstrations include multiple NFV applications running on separate virtual machines. These applications include Security, Firewall, Router, and a third party Virtual Wireless LAN (vWLAN) controller.
- OCTEON III Multi-core Processors: Up to 48 core multi-core SoC family delivering 100Gbps+ application performance for power efficient, intelligent networking and security applications. Optimized for enterprise and wireless infrastructure, with comprehensive built–in hardware acceleration for SSL, IPSec, DPI (Deep Packet Inspection), packet processing, QoS and traffic management.
- Demonstrations include multi-gigabit 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO Wave 2 WLAN access point, optimized OpenWRT software running on a fanless router/gateway and a 100Gbps OpenDataPlane (ODP) application on a single SoC.
- LiquidSecurity HSM: FIPS 140–2 level 3 partitioned, centralized and elastic key management solution with high number of SSL transaction performance. This solution is targeted towards KMS, Private clouds, IaaS, CaaS and PaaS providers.
- Demonstration of LiquidSecurity offloading SSL Handshakes from multiple applications such as NGINX, SecureDNS, Oracle TDE and others.
- LiquidIO Server adapters: accelerating SDN and NFV by application offloading Open vSwitch (OVS), DPI, Filtering, bandwidth provisioning and security processing for various cloud and data center workloads.
- Demonstration of LiquidIO® with OVS and IPsec offload at 10 Gbps.
Cavium will also be demonstrating the OCTEON III processors at the NBASE-T Alliance booth #1251 in an industry-wide effort to promote the development of 2.5GE and 5GE over twisted pair copper cabling. The NBASE-T Alliance is a consortium focused on developing and deploying products that support NBASE-T technology and the NBASE-T specifications. The specifications define the transport of 2.5 and 5 Gigabit Ethernet at up to 100 meters using the large, installed base of copper cabling, such as Cat5e and Cat6 found in enterprise networks. The NBASE-T Alliance will conduct its first multivendor demonstration with over 10 companies showing deployment in the key components of an enterprise network: wireless access points, switches and client devices.
To schedule a meeting with Cavium at INTEROP, please contact your local sales account manager or Lilly Ly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please enter “Meeting Request at INTEROP Conference 2015” in the subject line.
About Cavium, Inc.
Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in enterprise, data center, cloud and wired and wireless service provider applications. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 100 Mbps to 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium’s processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium’s principal office is in San Jose, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Tel: (408) 943-7417