Cavium™ and Leading Partners to Showcase ThunderX®-based Server Platforms & Software for High Performance Computing at ISC 2017
Cavium™ system partners, high-performance I/O partners and software partners showing platforms in various form factors supporting HPC and hyperscale cloud applications
Frankfurt, Germany and San Jose, California – June 19, 2017 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable secure and intelligent processing for enterprise, datacenter, cloud, wired and wireless networking, will showcase ThunderX-based server platforms and software for high-performance computing (HPC) at ISC 2017. The conference will take place in Frankfurt Germany at the Messe Frankfurt (Hall 3 and Forum), June 18 th – 22nd. Exhibition dates are June 19th – 21st.
First held in 1986, ISC High Performance is the world’s oldest and Europe’s most important conference and networking event for the HPC community. It offers a strong five-day technical program focusing on HPC technological development and its application in scientific fields, as well as its adoption in commercial environments.
Since the initial launch of ThunderX, Cavium has inspired HPC partners and end users to solve challenging compute-based problems with an innovative architecture that provides key advantages in areas such as integration, I/O, and memory bandwidth. Offering diverse configurations, ThunderX system partners deploy solutions that specifically target leading HPC market segments.
Cavium’s ThunderX & ThunderX2™ 64–bit ARMv8-based family of processors feature high-performance custom cores, single and dual socket configurations, high memory capacity & bandwidth, integrated hardware accelerators for networking, storage, and security along with highest level of I/O throughput and scalability. They are fully compliant with ARMv8-A architecture specifications including ARM’s SBSA and SBBR standards, and widely supported by industry-leading OS, hypervisor and software tool and application vendors.
Show Highlights and Demonstrations
The ISC High Performance exhibition will feature the largest collection of HPC vendors, universities, and research organizations that come together in Europe each year. Cavium executives and technical leaders will discuss a broad range of HPC solutions, including the company’s most recent announcements. ThunderX-based platforms from various ODM and OEM partners will be on display at Cavium booth E-1000. Specific demonstrations and activities include:
- ThunderX & ThunderX2: 64–bit ARMv8 based SoC family of workload optimized processors with a range of SKUs and form factors optimized for high-performance computing, including grid computing, heterogeneous computing, storage, secure compute, and networking specific workloads
- Demonstrations of ThunderX & ThunderX2 processors deployed in single- and dual-socket platforms will be on display
- Numerous Cavium ecosystem partners will be exhibiting at the ISC event, including Allinea, AMD, Bright Computing, Red Hat, and SUSE.
- On Monday, June 19th at 2:15 p.m., Gopal Hegde, Vice President/General Manager for Cavium’s Datacenter Processor Group, will present ThunderX2 at the ISC Vendor Showdown.
- On Tuesday, June 20th at 1:00 p.m., Rishi Chugh, Director Product Marketing for Cavium’s Datacenter Processor Group, will present ThunderX2 Advantages for the HPC Market at the Exhibitor Forum.
- On Tuesday, June 20th at 2:45 p.m., Larry Wikelius, Vice President for Cavium’s VP Software Ecosystem and Solutions Group, will host the Birds of a Feather (BOF) Session Designing, Porting & Optimizing HPC Workloads for ARM Based Systems. This session will feature speakers from Oak Ridge National Lab, Sandia National Lab, The Hartree Center and HPE.
- On Thursday, June 22nd at 12:05 p.m. Giri Chukkapalli, Distinguished Engineer, will present ThunderX2 and HPC Applications at the “Going ARM” workshop.
- For the second consecutive year, ThunderX systems will participate in the prestigious Student Cluster Competition during ISC on the ISC Exhibit Floor.
To schedule a meeting at ISC, please send an email to email@example.com and enter ISC 2017 Meeting Request in the subject line.
Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM) offers a broad portfolio of infrastructure solutions for compute, security, storage, switching, connectivity, and baseband processing. Cavium’s highly integrated multi-core SoC products deliver software compatible solutions across low to high performance points enabling secure and intelligent functionality in Enterprise, Datacenter and Service Provider Equipment. Cavium processors and solutions are supported by an extensive ecosystem of operating systems, tools, application stacks, hardware-reference designs, and other products. Cavium is headquartered in San Jose, CA with design centers in California, Massachusetts, India, Israel, China, and Taiwan. For more information about the Company, please visit: http://www.cavium.com/.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Tel: (408) 943-7417