The Cavium™ FastLinQ® 41000 Series Ethernet Adapters are Cavium's eighth-generation 10G/25G/40G/50GbE Adapter family, which provides exceptional value in delivering industry-leading features and performance to enable the most efficient and agile software-defined data centers (SDDNs). Designed for the most demanding server and network virtualized environments, the 41000 Series Adapters enable Universal RDMA (RoCE and iWARP) as well as NPAR, VXLAN/NVGRE/GENEVE, and SR-IOV to boost server CPU efficiency and maximize application performance. The 41000 Series adapters also offers select models with Converged Network Adapter (CNA) functionality providing stateless iSCSI and FCoE protocol offloads.
OverviewThe Cavium™ FastLinQ® 41000 Series Ethernet family includes 25GbE and 10GbE adapters with SFP/SFP28 optical or direct attach copper (DAC) and 10GBASE-T RJ45 connections that support LAN (TCP/IP) traffic at full line-rate speeds and key features for enterprise-class data centers and private/public cloud deployments:
- Scalable networks with 2.5X bandwidth for 25GbE when compared to 10GbE and more than 2X port density when compared to 40GbE
- Optimum server performance with PCI Express® (PCIe®) Gen3 x8 (10GbE/25GbE)
- Low latency and high throughput with Universal RDMA with support for RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), RoCE v2 and Internet wide area RDMA protocol (iWARP)
- Adaptive link controls for seamless zero-touch interoperability with industry wide 10/25/100GbE switches and cables using FastLinQ SmartAN™ technology
- Enhanced CPU efficiency for networking tunneling with stateless offloads for VXLAN, NVGRE, GRE, and GENEVE
- Advanced server virtualization features such as NPAR and SR-IOV
- High-performance network storage with iSCSI Extensions for RDMA (iSER), Non-Volatile Memory Express over Fabric (NVMe-oF), Network File System over RDMA (NFSoRDMA), Server Message Block over RDMA (SMB Direct), Storage Spaces Direct (S2D), and VMware para-virtualized RDMA (pvRDMA)
- Support for UEFI Secure Boot safeguards the FastLinQ NIC and ensures no rogue drivers are being executed on start-up, preventing the injection of malware.
- Simplified deployment, troubleshooting and lifecycle management using the QConvergeConsole® (QCC) GUI, QCC PowerKit, Cavium's QLogic® Control Suite™ (QCS) CLI, QCC vCenter GUI/ESXCLI Plug-ins, and OpenStack integration
- Enhanced management interface with Management Component Transport Protocol (MCTP) over PCIe support
- Network boot support for PreBoot Execution Environment (PXE) 2.0, iSCSI remote boot, and UEFI boot
- Stateless iSCSI and FCoE protocol offload functionality offered on select CNA models