FastLinQ®CNA 45000 Series
The Cavium™ FastLinQ® QL45000 dual-port Converged Network Adapter leverages Cavium's seventh-generation technology to deliver true 10/25/40/50Gb per second
Ethernet performance. Optimized for use across enterprises, managed service providers, and large public and scalable private cloud deployments, the QL45000 Series enables organizations to achieve new levels of
performance in physical, virtual, and cloud environment.
This 45000 CNA series also offers iSCSI and FCoE stateless offload protocols.
The Cavium™ FastLinQ® QL45000 Series Converged Network Adapter leverages Cavium’s seventh-generation technology to deliver true 10/25/40/50Gb per second Ethernet performance. Optimized for use across enterprises, managed service providers, and large public and scalable private cloud deployments, the QL45000 Series enables organizations to achieve new levels of performance in physical, virtual, and cloud environment:
- Fully featured adapter delivers the best price per performance ratio
- Optimum server performance with PCI Express® (PCIe®) Gen3 x16
- Low latency and high throughput with Universal RDMA with support for RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), RoCE v2 and Internet wide area RDMA protocol (iWARP), iSCSI and FCoE stateless offload protocols
- Adaptive link controls for seamless zero-touch interoperability with industry wide 10/25/100GbE switches and cables using FastLinQ SmartAN™ technology
- Enhanced CPU efficiency for networking tunneling with stateless offloads for VXLAN, NVGRE, GRE and GENEVE
- Advanced server virtualization features such as NPAR and SR-IOV
- High-performance network storage with FCoE offload, iSCSI offload, iSCSI Extensions for RDMA (iSER), Non-Volatile Memory Express over Fabric (NVMe-oF), Network File System over RDMA (NFSoRDMA), Server Message Block over RDMA (SMB Direct), Storage Spaces Direct (S2D), Linux Lustre, and VMware para-virtualized RDMA (pvRDMA)
- Simplified deployment, troubleshooting and lifecycle management using the QConvergeConsole® (QCC) GUI, QCC PowerKit, Cavium Control Suite™ CLI, QCC vCenter GUI/ESXCLI Plug-ins, and OpenStack integration
- Enhanced management interface with Management Component Transport Protocol (MCTP) over PCIe support
- Network boot support for PreBoot Execution Environment (PXE) 2.0, iSCSI remote boot, FCoE boot from SAN and UEFI boot
All advertised features are enabled in the hardware. Actual feature availability depends on software driver releases. See release notes.
(Refer to Product Brief for Pack out details)
NVMe-oF delivers the ultimate in choice and flexibility by enabling concurrent support for RoCE and iWARP universal RDMA, along with acceleration of workloads without burdening server CPU with FastLinQ NVMe-Direct technology.
Accelerate iSCSI storage with universal Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA).
This document identifies the supported standards and lists the cables, modules, and switches tested for interoperability with Cavium adapters.
|FastLinQ Converged Network Adapter Models – QL45000 Family|
PCI EXPRESS GEN 3 x16