FastLinQ® 8300 Series CNA
The Cavium™ FastLinQ® 8300 Series 10GbE Adapters are Cavium's fourth generation of Converged Network Adapters, supporting simultaneous LAN (TCP/IP) and SAN [Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI] traffic at line rate, 10Gbps Ethernet (GbE) speeds—at extremely low CPU utilization with full hardware offloads. This extreme performance eliminates potential I/O bottlenecks in today's powerful multiprocessor, multicore servers. In addition, support for powerful virtualization features make this adapter ideal for virtualized environments that need excellent I/O performance to service growing numbers of virtual machines (VMs). The ability to support multiple protocols simultaneously on the same hardware offers multi-tenancy flexibility, which is ideal for private and public cloud environments.
OverviewThe Cavium™ FastLinQ® 8300 Series 10GbE Converged Network Adapters come in single- and dual-port models with support for SFP+ direct attach copper cables and SR (short reach) optical transceivers.
- 10Gbps per-port maximum throughput for high bandwidth storage and networking traffic
- Over 1.2 million FCoE IOPS reduce latency in high-transaction-intensive applications and virtualized environments
- Single root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) support for faster performance in virtualized environments
- Reduced hardware, cabling, and management costs by enabling more applications (virtual machines) to run on a single server with converged traffic to top-of-the-rack switch
- Decreased power and cooling costs using the fewest PCI Express® lanes in PCIe® Gen3 environments
- Overlapping protection domains (OPD) to ensure a high level of reliability as data moves to and from the PCI bus
- Future-proof design enables conversion to a 2600 Series 16Gb Fibre Channel Adapter