2700 Series Fibre Channel Adapters
The QLogic® 2700 Series of Gen 6 (32Gb) Fibre Channel (FC) Adapters from Cavium™ is a complete portfolio of single-, dual-, and quad-port adapters, designed to accelerate mission-critical enterprise applications, build a highly resilient infrastructure and improve operational efficiency. QLogic Gen 6 FC technology provides the industry’s first 32GFC adapter, delivering enhanced performance with up to 2.6 million IOPS (650K per port) and up to 24,000MBps of aggregate throughput, and providing unsurpassed reliability and resiliency. The 2700 Series Adapters provide advanced storage networking features, capable of supporting the most demanding virtualized and private cloud environments, while fully leveraging the capabilities of high-performance Gen 6 FC, all-flash arrays (AFAs), and demanding enterprise applications. The adapters support QLogic StorFusion™ technology, offering streamlined provisioning, in-depth diagnostics, guaranteed quality of service (QoS), and improved resiliency with in-built forward error correction (FEC). QLogic Gen 6 FC Adapters continue the tradition of providing complete port-level isolation with lower power and fewer CPU cycles while maintaining predictable and scalable performance across all ports.
OverviewThe QLogic 2700 Series of Gen 6 FC Adapters with unmatched 32GFC line rate performance eliminate potential I/O bottlenecks in today's multiprocessor and multicore servers, and are capable of supporting the most demanding enterprise applications.
- Up to four ports of Gen 6 FC delivers 24,000MBps aggregate throughput
- Up to 2.6 million IOPS fuel high performance in AFAs and high-density virtualized environments
- Improvements in total cost of ownership (TCO) with QLogic StorFusion™ technology, delivers streamlined deployment, end-to-end diagnostics, and QoS optimization when used in conjunction with supported Brocade® FC switches
- Improved resiliency with automatic FEC addresses the needs of IT organizations that require reliability and resiliency
- Port isolation design offers deterministic and scalable performance on each port
- Support for N_Port ID virtualization (NPIV) enables a single FC adapter port to provide multiple virtual ports for increased network scalability
- Full hardware offloads deliver industry-leading native FC performance with extremely low CPU usage
- FC-NVMe capability for simultaneous access to NVMe™ and FCP Storage on the same port