8300 Series FC Controllers
The QLogic® 8300 Series Controllers from Cavium™ are fourth generation of Converged Network Controllers. They boast industry-leading native Fibre Channel performance—achieving dual-port, line-rate, 16-gigabit Fibre Channel throughput—at extremely low CPU utilization with full hardware offloads. In addition, the controllers support simultaneous LAN (TCP/IP) and SAN [Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI] traffic at line rate, 10Gbps Ethernet (GbE) speeds. This extreme performance eliminates potential I/O bottlenecks in today’s powerful multiprocessor, multicore servers.
OverviewQLogic’s end-to-end data integrity with overlapping protection domain (OPD) and support for T10 DIF makes the 8300 Series controllers ideal for file- and block-based storage controller applications. The ability to support either 16Gb Fibre Channel or 10GbE and multiple protocols simultaneously on the same hardware offers multi-tenancy flexibility, which is ideal for private and public cloud environments.
- 10GbE per-port maximum throughput for high bandwidth converged storage (SAN) and networking traffic, as well as support for linerate native 16Gb Fibre Channel traffic on both ports
- Up to 1 million Fibre Channel/FCoE IOPS reduce latency in high transaction intensive applications and virtualized environments
- Storage and networking single root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) support for faster performance in virtualized environments
- Reduced hardware, cabling, and management costs by enabling simultaneous TCP/IP, FCoE, and iSCSI on one controller. The same controller can also support native 16Gb Fibre Channel with full backward compatibility
- Decreased power and cooling costs by using the fewest PCI Express® lanes in PCIe® Gen3 environments
- OPD to ensure a high level of reliability as data moves to and from the PCI bus
- Complete investment protection for legacy 8Gb and 4Gb Fibre Channel infrastructure and 1/10GbE iSCSI storage
- Port flexibility with support for four 1GbE ports, two 10GbE/16Gb Fibre Channel ports, or two 10GbE ports and two 1GbE ports